Alfawise U20 User Manual: Illustrated Guide
Alfawise U20 User Manual
I. Machine AssemblyThe machine is basically installed before leaving the factory, and you only need some simple steps to install the machine.
1. Taking out all partsFix the portal frame on the base platform with four screws(M5*20).
2. Installing fixed block and limit switchThe fixed block with limit switch is installed on the left side, and T-type fixed block is installed on the right side.
- X-axis motor; 2. Y-axis motor; 3. Z-axis motor; 4. Extruder motor.
4. Install filament bracket.
II. LCD Screen NotesMenu Item Function Instruction
- Turn on the power, and see the main interface on the
1. Slicing software installation
Install the softwareDownload and click CURA software. pop-up installation window, continue to click next step to complete the installation.
1. Machine settings
2. Slicing software operation for offline printingFor offline printing,do not need to connect to computer, easy to operate by SD card. After install Cura software，Select “print all the once” from the “Tools”.Object OperationClick right mouse functionThe name of “filename.gcode” file must be in English or number, do not name it into Chinese characters or others. Save the file to the SD card, then insert it into the card slot and turn on the power. Select “print from SD” in the main menu from LCD Control Screen, then select the “filename.gcode” file you just saved and confirm it and begin to print.
3. Software parameter settingsOpen cura software,you can modify all of the printing parameters on the display screen. Select “Switch to full settings”. Layer height：0.1~0.4mm available. 0.1mm high precision but long printing time, 0.4mm low precision but printing time is too short, in general select 0.2mm. Shell thickness: 0.4mm is very thin, in general select 1.2mm, that will increase printing time. Enable retraction: To prevent the wire from leaking when printing quickly, otherwise it will affect the appearance. Bottom/Top thickness: In order to make the top layer print more perfect and flat bottom layer. Fill density: If the intensity is not high, select 20%. If the intensity is high, increase it and the printing time also will increase. Print speed: Generally set 30-100, he print speed is higher and the precision is lower. Printing temperature: Depends on the filament, generally select 190 ~ 210 degrees. Support type: Include half-support and full support. In general the model with suspended structure needs to set support, but surface will be rough after removing support. Platform adhesion type: “None” means do not set any support, “Brim” increases the bottom area. “Raft” base makes the model more adherent. To make the model better adhere to the base, add a base or edge. But best to increase a base and a edge relative to the small bottom area. Diameter: 1.75mm Flow: 100% Nozzle size: 0.4mm. Retraction Speed: The speed of retraction when printing. Retraction distance: The length of material retraction, generally select 4.5~8mm. Initial layer thickness: The first layer thickness of printing. Select default option. Initial layer line width: 100% will be thicker and denser, Select default option. Cut off object bottom: The length of cutting off the bottom of model. Dual extrusion overlap: 0.15mm. Select default option. Travel speed: The moving speed when nozzle does not extrude filament. Bottom layer speed: The speed of printing the first layer. Setting a slower speed to make object better attached to base plate. Infill speed, Top / bottom speed, Outer shell speed, Inner Shell speed: Select default option. Minimal layer time: Select default option. Enable cooling fan: To cool the temperature of nozzle.
Operation for online printingNote：For online printing, you need to connect computer to the 3D printer through the data cable. During the printing process, do not turn off the computer power, do not make computer screen save or hibernate to prevent data transmission failure. In general do not suggest users to use it for the complicated operations. Firstly load model file, set printing parameter including “Basic” and “Advanced”
- Power on the printer, connect USB to the computer, and the driver will be installed automatically. If can not install automatically, please open the “Device Management”, find a port with a yellow exclamation mark, right click “Update Driver”. Select “Browse my computer for driver software”.