Creality CR–10 S5 User Manual: Illustrated Guide
Creality CR–10 S5 3D Printer User Manual
Guide Book To make Top-quality 3D printer To be the Chief Evangelist
- This guide is for the CR-10 Series of 3D printers. It is also applicable for the CR-10 S5.
- Among them, CR-10 mini without T-Bracket (Right) & Decoration Strip.
- Due to the different types of device in the hardware and software upgrade industry. the products are slightly different and it is a normal phenomenon. Subject to actual product received.
- Detailed instructions for use are available on the SD card.
1. Do not use the Printer in any other way than described herein to avoid personal injury or property damage.
2. Do not place the Printer near flammables, explosives or heat sources. It is best to place it in a well- ventilated, low-dust environment.
3. Do not expose the Printer to violent vibration or any unstable environment. This will cause poor print quality.
4. The filaments recommended by the manufacturer are preferred as to avoid clogging in the extrusion head or Printer damage.
5. Do not use any other power cable except the one supplied. Use a grounded three-prong power outlet.
6. Do not touch the nozzle or hot bed during printing. Keep hands away from machine while in use to avoid burns or personal injury.
7. Do not wear gloves or loose clothing when operating the Printer. Preventing the movable parts from being involved in the squeeze or cutting injury to human body or printer damage.
8. Clean off filament from the nozzle tip with the provided pliers before the nozzle cools. Do not touch the nozzle directly. This can cause personal injury.
9. Clean the Printer frequently. With the machine powered off, clean the printer body with a dry cloth to remove dust, adhered printing materials and foreign objects on guide rails. Use glass cleaner or isopropyl Alcohol to clean the print surface before every print for consistent results.
10. Children under 10 years of age should not use the Printer without supervision.
- Package Contents
- Device Installation
- Screen Information
- Loading Filament
- Bed Leveling
- Software Installation
- Preparing to Print
- After-Sales Services
Dear consumers, Thank you for choosing our products. For the best experience, please read the instructions before operating the Printer. Our 3D team is always ready to provide you with assistance. Please contact us via the phone number or e-mail address provided at the end when you encounter any problem with the Printer.
For a better experience in using our product, you may learn how to use the Printer in the following ways:
1. View the accompanied instructions and videos on the SD card.
2. Visit our official website at www.creality3d.en. You will find relevant software/hardware information, contact details and operation and maintenance instructions on the website.
1. Control Box 2. Spool Holder 3. Nozzle Assembly 4. Z Gantry Frame 5. Print Surface 6. Base Frame 7. SD Slot and USB Port 8. Voltage Selection 9. Control Knob 10. Display Screen 11. X Stepper 12. X Limit Switch 13. Extruder (E) Stepper 14. Y Stepper 15. Y Limit Switch 16. Z Stepper 17. Z Limit Switch 18. Nozzle Assembly Connection 19. Hot Bed Connection 20. Power Cable Connection
2. General List
3. Device Installation
Install the Spool Holder and Bracket
Install the Decorative Trim
The Decorative Trim is available in various colors. The pictures above for a reference only.
CR-10 mini without Decoration Strip
4. Screen Information
Moving X Y Z axis by your hands
|Auto Home||Return to origin|
Close and cooldown the nozzle
Moving X Y Z axis or Extruder by given value.
Heat the nozzle and the bed or change fan speed by given value
Restore factory setting
|No card/Print from SD||Select the printing model|
|Init. SD-Card/Change SD-Card||download or update the memory card infornation|
Change Printing Speed by given value
Change the temperature by given value
Change the temperature by given value
Change Fan Speed by given value
Change filament flow by given value
5. Loading Filament
Press and hold the extruder lever then insert 1.75mm filament through the small hole of the extruder. Continue feeding until you see filament come out the nozzle.
Tip: How to Replace the Filament?
1. Cutting filament near the Extruder and slowly feed new filament until they are fed into the new filament.
2. Preheating the nozzle and withdraw the filament quickly and feed the new filament.
6. BED LEVELING
1. Prepare →Auto Home. Wait for the nozzle to move to the left/front of the platform.
2. Prepare-Disable Steppers(Close stepper drive, release motor)
3. Move the nozzle the front/left leveling screw and adjust the platform height by turning the knob underneath. Use a piece of A4 paper (standard printer paper) to assist with the adjustment, making sure that the nozzle lightly scratches the paper.
4. Complete the adjustment of the screw on all 4 corners.
5. Repeat above steps 1-2 times if necessary.
7. Software Installation
1. Double click the Cura icon to install the Cura Slicing Software,
2. Start Cura 3.0.2 from the Start Menu.
3. Select Other->Creality CR-10–Add Printer. 4. If your machine model is CR-10 Mini Please select setting printer manage printer and modify the printer settings
8. For the First Printing
1. Slicing Insert SD card into computer with Reader.